Wake up and smell the endless possibility…
I am back! It is crazy how life can really take you by surprise and then, before you know it, you have not blogged for about a month. Anyway, just wanted to say that I am back and I am excited to keep the blog flowing with creativity and personality.
The first post back will be a recipe! Woot woot! Food has always been a passion of mine—eating and cooking/baking. So, I decided to start off with an easy recipe that has 4 Ingredients and lots of flavor. I like to call these “Crispy Seasoned Carrot Fries”. Now, I am not the biggest fan of warm carrots, but this recipe crispifies the carrots until they are the perfect balance of crunchy and soft.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is easy to prepare and customize. My friend and I are absolutely in love with them! They are great for every season and can turn an average carrot into something brand new—something I didn’t even think a carrot could become.
Without further ado, let’s jump into this recipe:
5 Large Carrots – chopped into sticks (make it whatever size you prefer)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste – I added about 2 teaspoons of Everyday Seasoning from Trader Joe’s (salt, pepper, dried onion, friend garlic. Pepper flakes)
Other seasoning (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a baking try with foil
- Cut the carrots and spread out evenly on the tray.
- Drizzle oil and add seasoning – toss the carrots, seasonings, and oil together making sure everything is nicely coated.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes, after the first 15 minutes, check on the carrots and make sure they are not sticking to the tray. Then, keep a close eye on the carrots–adding 5 minutes until they are crispy to your liking.
- Take out the Carrot Fries and add more seasoning if you would like, maybe drizzle some honey and sprinkle some cinnamon.
As easy as that! I won’t lie, it is annoying having to watch over the carrots, but once you know what time works best for your oven, it will be ten times easy the next time.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and I hope you are excited for more content, because I have a new burst of inspirational energy flowin’ through me! If you make this recipe, please tag me on instagram @cupofteaforthought 🙂
I will talk to you all next week!!
All the Best,