Fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.
The first post of the year! I hope everyone’s year is off to a great start. I can’t believe how fast 2017 flew by.
This first week of 2018 has been great. I have had time to relax and enjoy the little things. I have been baking and cooking as much as I can, plus taking note of my December favorites! 🙂
Without further ado, let’s talk about these favorites:
- The Christmas Sweater Dress | boohoo.com
- This sweater is everything! I wore this as often as I could during the Christmas season. It is so soft and comfortable. I was worried that it would be itchy, but I was proved wrong! It is the perfect festive sweater. I paired it with some black sheer tights, white fuzzy socks, black booties, and a gray turtle neck.
- It is on sale right now for $39. I happened upon this sweater when boohoo.com had an 80% off sale.
- Beret | Target
- Berets. My new favorite accessory! They are so classy and elegant, plus you can pair them with almost any outfit. Not only is this beret fashion-forward, it is very warm and comfortable—providing functionality alongside style and trend. It truly keeps your head warm on those chilly winter adventures.
- It is $12.99 and worth every penny!
- Pinecone Bracelet | Alex and Ani
- I love Alex and Ani bracelets. Each piece of jewelry they sell has a meaning and purpose. Their description of this Pinecone bracelet spoke to me, so I bought it as a little graduation gift for myself: “Standing tall and strong, the pine tree grows all over the world, thriving in areas that other plants cannot. One of the tree’s many gifts is the pinecone. Symbolizing growth and longevity, pinecones reach their full potential when opened by sunlight. One small pinecone can create an entire forest, unleashing a power that can change the world. Realize that you harness that same potential. Open your heart towards the sun, and thrive.”
- It is $28 (ends up being around $30 with tax).
- Magnolia Journal – Winter 2017 | Magnolia Market
- Fixer Upper is one of my favorite shows. Chip and Joanna Gaines are so inspirational, and the Magnolia Journal is a product of that inspiration. It is filled with great ideas, delicious recipes, and amazing people. Every journal is seasonal and unique.
- It is $7.99 and you can find it on most news stands (or on their site).
- Bodum Schiuma Milk Frother | Target
- Milk frothers change the beverage game. Coffees and hot chocolates are taken to the next level. You can make your own coffee-shop-worthy drink right at home! I do get carried away with this and try to froth everything I can. But seriously….GAME CHANGER!
- It is $6.99–affordable and life changing!
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella | Ulta
- This matte lippy is amazing! It is so comfortable to wear, and long-lasting. It blends well and the color works for every season.
- It is $27. It is more on the pricer side, but it is a quality product.
- Fresh Balsam candle| Bath & Body Works (White Barn)
- I love B&BW candles. They fill the room without being too strong. This scent is clean and piney. It is a great fresh winter scent that has a touch of sweetness. I LOVE it!!
- I was gifted the small, one-wick candle which I think is only sold in stores. The big candle is on sale for $12.25 from $24.50.
- Tarteist Pro Glow | Ulta
- This is an amazing contour and highlight palette. The colors work great for my skin and they don’t cake up. The contour comes with a powder and a cream—both very blend-able and buildable. The highlights are striking and natural all at once. It is the perfect palette, great for everyday or for special occasions.
- It is $45 from Ulta. If you sign-up to be an Ulta member you can get an insider scoop on deals and coupons. That is how I got this palette for $27.
- Subculture Eyeshadow Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills | Sephora
- I got this for Christmas from a good friend, and I am in love with all the colors in this palette—they are rich and warm. The shadows are blend-able and buildable. I was reading reviews and people were not happy with how much kick-back and loose powder came from tapping your brush into each color. There is a little more powder than usual, that comes from patting your brush into each pot, but the pigmentation and comfortable formula is worth it. I am very happy with this palette and would recommend it to anyone!
- It is $42 from Sephora or Ulta.
And that is all of them! I have really been enjoying these products and items, and I can’t wait to discover new things in the new year.
I hope you all have an amazing first weekend in 2018 and I will talk to you all next week!
All the Best,