Walking in a Winter Wonderland…
It has been a while since I have been able to write a blog post. But, I am back! (Also, who is loving the snow falling on the blog page!! 🙂 )
I have officially graduated from university! I was so excited to come home and bake my heart away. The first thing I wanted to make was a vegan version of a chocolate croissant. I took a simple store-bought puff pastry dough and added some vegan hazelnut chocolate spread to create these delightful Vegan “Nutella” Puffs.
1 box of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (makes 24 puffs)
1 tablespoon of powdered sugar (for dusting on top)
1 tablespoon of Vegan Butter or Margarine melted
What to do:
- Let the puff pastry thaw out for 40 minutes, or however long the box instructs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then open up the puff pastry sheets (the Pepperidge box has two sheets–makes 24)
- Following the folds of the pastry sheets cut the sheet into thirds, then cut each third horizontally in half (see photos at the end).
- Cut each small rectangle diagonally to make two triangles.
- Take each triangle and spread some of the chocolate hazelnut spread. You can put as much chocolate spread as you would like. I suggest a nice thick layer. 🙂
- Then starting from the shortest side of the triangle, roll up towards the tip of the triangle—creating a croissant like shape. Continue until all the puffs are rolled.
- Put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Keep each puff about 1/2 an inch apart.
- Pat some melted vegan butter onto the tops of the puffs before putting them into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then let cool for 2 minutes.
- Take a small flour sifter, or a spoon, and dust the powdered sugar on top of the puff.
- You are done! Enjoy! 🙂
I hope you all enjoyed this festive recipe! Have an amazing holiday weekend! Talk to you all next week!
All the Best,