I am finally on Spring Break! I have been lazing around, cuddling my dog, and making some chocolatey treats.
Speaking of chocolate, I have a very fast and easy, Spring-ready snack recipe. As a kid, I would always have “muddy buddies” (some call it Puppy Chow). It is a crunchy, chocolatey, peanut buttery snack, and it only takes around 15 minutes to make.
The fun part of this recipe is that you can really customize it. This week I decided to take a Springtime approach to this recipe with cute little chocolate eggs. I, also, customized it to make it vegan (except for the chocolate eggs).
Let’s get into the recipe:
Here is what you will need:
- microwave safe bowl
- gallon size Ziploc bag
2 cups of Chex cereal (Rice or Corn)
1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
1 tbsp (heaped) of peanut butter (You can even try using Nutella or any other nut butters)
1/3 cup of powdered sugar
a handful of chocolate eggs (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt down the chocolate chips. Then stir in the peanut butter.
- In a large bowl put the cereal and chocolate/peanut butter mixture and carefully fold them in together.
- Once completely combined, pour mixture into a large gallon Ziploc and add the powdered sugar.
- Close the bag, but leave some air inside. And shake the bag so that the powdered sugar coats the cereal pieces.
- Once completely combined and coated, pour into a cute bowl and top with a handful of chocolate eggs. AND Enjoy!!
I told you this recipe was super easy and quick to prepare. It is perfect for parties or even as a gift. If you put this mixture into a mason jar and add a festive ribbon, it is a perfect gift or party favor.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! If you make it, you can tag me in the photo on Instagram (@cupofteaforthought) or use the hashtag #cupofteaforthought .
I hope you have an amazing day! Talk to you all next week 🙂
All the Best,