Hot chocolate is a hug from the inside.
I was rummaging through my fridge at home and found a couple of After Eight chocolates hiding in the back. If you have never tried After Eight Mint chocolates, you are missing out. It is a thin layer of mint filling dipped into chocolate. It is sort of like York Peppermint Patties but it is much thinner, and in my opinion much better than any other mint chocolate on the market.
So with these last couple pieces of chocolate, I decided to experiment and try to make hot chocolate. The experiment was a success! This is one of the best hot chocolates I have made from scratch, with an added festive touch…
Here is what you will need:
- small pot
- After Eight Chocolates (After Eight Website)
- chocolate chips
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- a mug of your choice
1 to 2 squares of After Eight chocolate (depends on how chocolate-y you would like it)
1 and 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
5-10 chocolate chips
- Take the pot and put it on medium-high. Pour the milk into the pot.
- Bring it to a low boil. While the milk is boiling, take out two marshmallow and place them face up so that the flat circle part if facing up.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir it with the toothpick until it is completely melted.
- Next take the toothpick and dip it into the chocolate and draw a face of a snowman onto it. After finishing, set the marshmallows aside.
- At this point the milk should be at a low boil. Add the square of After Eight Chocolate to the milk and stir until completely combined.
- Once it is completely blended into the milk, pour into the mug of your choice.
- Lastly, add the festive marshmallows to the hot chocolate and enjoy!
This is such an amazing hot chocolate, it has the perfect balance of mint and chocolate!
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and I will talk to you all tomorrow for Blogmas Day 21.
All the Best,
This post is not sponsored.