Chocolate is made from cocoa, which comes from a tree and trees are plants…so chocolate is salad.
The holiday season has arrived! That can only mean one thing….food (or chocolate to be more specific) !
This summer I discovered the best fudge recipe. I made a couple tweaks to it to make it my own, because anytime I go to an event or dinner I always like to bring something. This fudge is perfect to bring to any event, any season. You can alter the recipe to make it your own by adding your favorite toppings and additions.
Let’s get into this recipe!
So here is what you will need:
- small pan or pot
- heat-proof spatula
- chocolate chips
- coconut cream (or heavy cream)
- unsalted almond butter (or any nut butter or even real butter)
- condiments of choice: I chose sliced almonds and dried cranberries
- loaf tin or 8×8 tin
- wax paper
1/3 cup – of coconut cream (or your cream of choice)
1/2 cup – of unsalted almond butter (or your butter of choice)
1 (12-14oz) – bag of chocolate chips
2/3 cup – Sliced almonds (you can always put less or add more)
1/3 cup – dried cranberries (you can always put less or add more)
- Prepare your loaf or 8×8 baking tin with the wax paper lining the inside.
- In a pan or pot on medium to low heat, melt the chocolate chips and mix in coconut cream until blended.
- The add the almond butter to the mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds and dried cranberries on the top of the fudge mixture.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes, then put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks (if it lasts that long 🙂 ).
- Enjoy 🙂
** this recipe can be vegan if you use dairy-free chocolate chips (or not vegan with plain milk chocolate chips)
***If you want a festive twist on this dessert, I would add around 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract to the mixture. Also, instead of almonds and cranberries you can add some crushed candy canes! The sky is the limit here…
This recipe is so easy and you can personalize it! It is the perfect fudge recipe for every season! I hope you enjoyed this handy recipe! If you make this at home be sure to tag me in your pictures on Instagram @cupofteaforthought , I would love to see your creations!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
All the Best,